Saturday, March 7, 2009

I broke down...


I did... and bought a nice copy of Capture NX 2. 

The deal is this: apparently, there simply is no better software than Capture to edit RAW files, or to edit images, period.  I wasn't too crazy about it at first, but then, I read a couple of tutorials and its apparent simplicity ended up convincing me of the purchase. 

Now, I did not pay the MSRP.  The NY store Cameta Camera was selling it for about $127.  Compared to the price at which one can find it at B&H or Adorama, it's a steal. 

I'll continue with my experiences later.  For now, I have to sink my nose in the 250+ page manual that came with the CD in a relatively large box that promptly went into the recycling bin.  

Also, a couple of neat tricks for playback coming soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would recommend shelling out some cash and getting Vincent Versace's NX2 instructional video. He was one of the first to dive into the digital world head first and it has clearly paid off!

He is a great teacher as well:
http://www.acmeeducational.com/versace/index.html