Wednesday, January 14, 2009

More of my town

Shop window of a small, fiercely independent store (Xmas season!)

Tubas during a football game (NIU won!)

Some band players see me with my big gun of a lens...

The nice red leaves in our backyard

Here we go again... DeKalb shines!   Digitally and in film. 

For the gearheads, the top shot is digital, done with this Nikon D700 I blog about.  Given the weather conditions (still above 0° F but below what Nikon sets as the camera's lowest tolerance), I was glad it didn't die on me.  

Then, the football shots were done with my Nikon F5 and a Tamron AF 200-400 f5.6 monster that I own, on ISO 400 film.  It was sunny, it was bright and our team won, but man, was it windy...

The last is also with the same film rig as the others above.   I wonder what the color rendition of the D700 will be like: stronger or more discrete than film? 

And, speaking of this camera, I took it to a trip to California, which, of course, will be the subject next time (coming very soon).  Until then! 

No comments: