Sunday, November 9, 2008

First Day, Looong Wait

Heck, why not? Let's post some Nikon photos...

Ready for the party (Nikon F5, AFS 24-120 VR, Provia ISO 400)

Red Leaves, Fall 08 in DeKalb (Nikon F5, 80-200, Superia ISO 200)

Our cats, Mimi and Ben (Nikon F5, Sigma AF 24-70 f2.8, Kodachrome ISO 64)

I've been swamped with busy work; I may be a professor, but I've chosen to study German and I'm on sabbatical, so today, to think of something else and not about the impending arrival of my new camera, I went all into my work.  For a good part of the morning, worked on an essay for publication, and this evening (after going to see a play in campus), I just finished my presentation for my German class... on Leica cameras. 

I may read another part of the Nikon D700 manual I downloaded some time ago, but then, there's a book I should read, and I haven't even started with it.  Seems that I got more "entertainment" than I can handle.  If things keep going this way, I'm not going to have time to enjoy my new camera, especially since we have a friend coming to visit on Friday.  In fact, it was because of his visit (and our consequent trip to Galena, IL) that I decided to pull the trigger on my Nikon D700.  In short, Galena will be "the maiden voyage" for my digital behemoth. 

In the meanwhile, I'll keep working, and when I update this blog, I'll throw in some Nikon shots of yore... 

No comments: