Sunday, November 16, 2008

Out in Galena, IL

The music of old times...

The spirits of old times...

The candies of old times...

These photographs were taken in Galena, IL, with my Nikon D700 and my AF-S 24-120 G lens, just on November 15th, 2008.  It was a cool, gray day, so I set the picture mode to vivid and the ISO at 400 for outdoors, while indoors was at ISO 3200.  

While wondering about, I figured out how to add custom functions to my Personal Menu, so I did put Picture Control there.  Before even getting out of the car, I also had set my card to record RAW and fine JPEGs, and it gave me room for some 153 photographs in the card (buffer room for 6, but I can live with that).   

So far, so good... in fact, I was really proud of having done all the updates, as now, even Photoshop Elements can read NEF files!  Otherwise, the copying of files off the card and into the computer is relatively easy thanks to NX Transfer.  I haven't seen in what way is NXView so good... but then, I'm fairly ignorant, so let me catch up a bit. 

Will return when I have some further material developed.  Thanks!   

No comments: